|Visual C++ and C#, SSME against SQL Server 2005 Express|
- Oracle VirtualBox
- Windows 2000 installation media (you're on your own)
- Visual Studio 2005 Express installation media (courtesy of AP Dubey, h/t to Sivakumar K for this answer at Stackoverflow)
- Visual Studio 2005 Express SP1 installers
- Optionally, if you install SQL Server Express 2005, grab SSMSE.
- Internet Explorer 6 (see below)
- A standalone Internet Explorer 6 SP1 update (see below)
So not quite what I wanted back in 2002, but if 2002 me got his hands on VS 200-AnyYear he would've murdered Doc Brown and stolen his time machine.
|Installing Visual C# 2005|
Why IE6? Well, first I needed to discover for myself that there was no way to shoehorn VS 2008 Express Edition onto my box, and for some damned reason the Installer UI is HTML with a bunch of ActiveX shit that chokes IE 5.5. Going from 5.5 to 6 is an exercise in pulling teeth. Fortunately, the good folks at Evolt keep a whole stable of legacy browsers handy, including base IE6.
Unfortunately, you have to dig further for a standalone SP1 update and wade through lots and lots of dead links. Fortunately, we have Internet Archive. Link is below:
|Installing Visual C++ 2005|